Glenkeir Contracts Ltd is dedicated to ensuring compliance with all rules, regulations and standards expected of a joinery contractor. As a company we are dedicated and committed to developing our standard and striving for continuous improvement you can see some of our policies below.
Health & Safety Policy
In line with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, Glenkeir Contracts Ltd makes certain that the health and safety of its employees, visitors, contractors and members of the public is of upmost importance.
Glenkeir Contracts Ltd are accountable for making sure all staff and visitors comply with legislation and company regulations and for putting in place necessary resources for these procedures.
Glenkeir Contracts Ltd has a duty, so far as is reasonably operable, to safeguard the Health and Safety of its entire workforce whilst at work and members of the public, visitors and contractors whilst on its grounds and in accepting this duty will:
- Be responsible for sufficient control of the health and safety risks arising from work activities
- Speak to employees on matters that could affect their health and safety
- Make available and maintain safe plant, equipment and vehicles
- Ensure safe handling and use equipment and materials
- Make available sufficient information and regulation for employees
- Ensure all employees are capable to carry out their work, and to give them sufficient training
- Avoid accidents
- Ensure a safe working environment is maintained
- Review and assess this policy as required
In line with the Environmental Protection Act 1990, Glenkeir Contracts Ltd considers protecting the environmental to be of paramount importance.
Glenkeir Contracts Ltd therefore will ensure that all its staff, visitors and subcontractors take action to:
- Reduce pollution to air, land and water
- Cut waste and dispose of waste only on waste management licensed sites
- Save energy when able
- Ensure all staff are aware of environmental matters
- Make sure that all chemicals and substances are stored correctly and safely
- Identify areas of conservation and take suitable action
Staffs at all levels have an obligation to:
- Work in a safe environment with regards to not only themselves but also other staff
- Immediately stop all works on establishing protected species under British Legislation until the management has been informed and authorisation attained to continue
- Dispose of litter in the designated place
Customer Care Policy
Glenkeir Contracts Ltd is committed to constantly improving the high level of service it provides to its customers. We are aware that long term relationships with our customers are vital to ensure repeat business and referrals. Our customers are central to the continued success of our business.
Understanding our Customers are the key to a profitable business therefore we will manage our customers’ expectations to give them what they require. We encourage and welcome open and constructive dialogue at every stage of the Conception, Design, Construction and Management process between all members of the ‘Construction Team’ and Stakeholders who are impacted by our activities. Our experience has proven without doubt that this ensures the best route to a successful project. Issues raised will be fairly considered and any improvements identiﬁed will be implemented. Our aim is for our customers to value the service we provide as highly as we value their business.
The Company has appointed a person within the organisation who will be the single point of contact and will be responsible for ensuring that any defects or complaints are promptly dealt with to the satisfaction of the customer. The Customer Care manager is responsible to the Managing Director and reports to all parties on a regular basis and most importantly, liaises with Clients and Stakeholders promptly on actions implemented.
Client/Customer Liaison Close liaison will be maintained between a Senior Manager and the Client throughout the construction process and, upon completion, to complete a conﬁdential Feedback upon which they can submit their views on key issues, including Quality, Performance, Relationships, Health & Safety, Consideration, Level of information provided at Pre-Construction and Customer Care.
In addition we believe that a customer’s image can be further enhanced by selecting a contractor who recognises the importance of this issue and is committed to ensuring that excellent care is provided.
At Glenkeir Contracts Ltd we are committed to providing a level of care that exceeds industry current practice.
Training and Development Policy
Glenkeir Contracts Ltd is dedicated to providing a high quality carpentry service, which meets our customer’s standards and expectations.
It is therefore vital that we employ only the best, most skilled workers in the industry. We continually review our workforce needs and are dedicated to investing in training and development when needed. We use a variety of training technics including in house and external training providers.
All new starters that join the business will be given an induction and will discuss any training they feel would be beneficial to ensure our work consistently meets high standards.
This policy will be applied in line with the company’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
All of our tradesman are skilled and experienced and hold the necessary qualifications to carry out their role to the highest of standards. Training will be given to any individual if needed. All of our workers hold valid, up to date CSCS cards relevant to their job role and trade.